Free Live Webinar
Join us in this free live webinar event as our expert presenter panel cover the crucial areas to get right in overcoming clinical and technical denials.
Tue, Sep 26, 2017 11:00 AM PDT / 2:00 PM EST
In this webinar, we will explore some key elements in reducing the potential for technical and clinical denials. Specifically, we will focus on:
- Technical/Coding denials : we will review frequent reasons for coding and technical denials with tips that will help the facility to win on appeal.
- Readmission denials: we will examine the definition of a readmission according to CMS and major payer policy guidelines. We will also discuss winning appeal strategies when tackling these difficult denials
- Second level of appeals: 2nd level appeals – we will discuss the following: (1) purpose; (2) components (3) benefits; (4) tips; (5) Medicare reconsiderations
There will be a live Q&A during the webinar.
We also encourage you to send any questions you might have on this topic in advance of the live webinar. Answers to your questions will be incorporated into the webinar content.
Submit your question to email@example.com
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Denials management specialists
- Revenue cycle integrity specialists
- HIM directors/managers
- CDI directors/managers
- Coding directors/managers
- CFO/ CEO
- Inpatient coders
- Physician advisors
- Case/ Utilization Management
Nadia White (RN, BSN, LNCC)
Director of Clinical Appeals
Nadia has over 36 years of extensive professional nursing and healthcare experience, and is recognized as a technically astute and perceptive leader in providing practical solutions in Denial & Appeals Management. She has extensive expertise of InterQual/MCG guidelines, payer specific policy guidelines, medical necessity criteria, and knowledge of applying inpatient vs. observation levels of care, physician documentation requirements, and current CMS regulatory reforms.
Kay Hartley (RN, CCS, CCS-P)
Vice President of Quality Assurance
Kay has over 35 years of clinical experience working as a registered nurse and over 20 years working in the coding, quality assurance, auditing, education and DRG management fields. She has consulted with major Health Systems and Physician Practice Plans throughout the country.
Tricia M. Gilbert (RN, BSN, JD)
Assistant Manager of Clinical Appeals
Tricia has been a Registered Nurse for 16 years and a licensed attorney for 9 years. Most recently, she managed the Clinical Appeals Department for a large hospital system for the past 7 years. Her focus for the last 7 years has been solely on Claim Denials and Clinical Appeals and her expertise spans all levels of Governmental and Commercial appeals.