This November, we invite you to join us for CodingAID’s Mastering The Audit Process Workshop. This intensive four-hour training from renowned coding educator and audit authority, Lynn Handy, will strengthen your audit program and improve its results. Below is an overview of the topics to be covered:
• Defining your Internal Audit Workplan including plans for: Compliance Audits, Focused Audits, New Provider Audits, and Re-Audits
• Defining your External Audit Workplan including: Annual External Audits and Specialty Specific Audits
• Defining Auditor Quality Audits (QA) workplan including how to understanding appropriate timelines and correct scopes
• Sample Selection Methodology including correct sample sizing, date ranges, utilization reports, and bell curve analysis
• Setting up useful Audit Scoring Methodology including understanding individual audit scores, passing rates, and industry benchmarks.
• Review of Medicare Coding Guidelines as well as understanding the role of your own internal guidelines
• All things reporting including audit comments/error source, crafting optimal executive summaries and recommendations, and parsing results by Department/Specialty.
• Presenting the Audit Results both to staff and leadership
• Performing the correct Post Audit Education including 1:1 Provider Training, Specialty Group Training, and Coder Education
• Handling Audit Disputes both with Coders and Providers
• Self-Disclosures, Refunds and Corrected Billing
• Case Studies
• And an extensive Q&A with Lynn.
This is your chance to learn the practices and ask the questions that will make your audits and education the most impactful on your coders and providers.
Registrants may choose between two different session dates (each two session will cover the same information)
November 7 and 8, 2018 from 10 AM PST/1 PM EST to 12 PM PST/3 PM EST each day.
November 14 and 15, 2018 again from 10 AM PST/1 PM EST to 12 PM PST/3 PM EST each day