Mergers & acquisitions are steadily on the rise in the healthcare industry. In any given year, hundreds of practices are successfully purchased—but often the buyer has limited insight into the compliance standards of these newly acquired practices. Revenue compliance and risk assessment are therefore pressing concerns for any buyer.
How Can CodingAID Help with Compliance?
CodingAID has a highly experienced team of coding compliance experts that can quickly and effectively evaluate coding quality and accuracy rates. Our staff conduct thorough audits based on the clinical documentation and an examination of the assigned codes for CPT, E/M, HCPCS, Modifiers and Diagnoses. At the end of our engagement, our in-depth reporting will help provide a clear picture of the revenue compliance of the practice in question, identify any red flags, and help ensure that the acquisition is a sound investment.
- Project Kickoff: Discuss with the client the project scope, introduce project management team, set communication protocols, clarify deliverables and set audit completion timeline.
- Data: Receive data from the client via a secure format. This data includes coded patient records, billing claims forms, and coding protocols.
- Audit: Audit commencement. Team leads will communicate with the client as needed to answer any questions that may impact the audit results.
- Reporting: Final reports are prepared and sent to the client for review.
- Audit Results Q&A: Our team is made available to answer any questions or provide clarification on any issues identified to ensure 100% satisfaction with the review.
- Executive Summary: Executive Summary is completed and delivered. Project is completed.
Our program is designed to strengthen your compliance and coding accuracy through detailed reviews, reporting and education. We work within your framework and in line with national guidelines to inform and educate your team to achieve optimal compliance and documentation.
Our performance & reputation are built on:
- The dependability, knowledge, and experience of our team
- Our exceptional quality and service delivery in coding support, coding audits, and education
- Our consistency and timeliness in meeting client goals
- Our reliability in communication and service adaptability
- Our ability to partner with clients and become a trusted resource
Our professional coding and audit experts are highly qualified to report and educate on coding guidelines, documentation best practices and more.
- 10+ years in experience performing coding audits, identifying compliance risks, documenting trends, providing education, and reviewing complex and highly specialized cases
- Certified in CPC, CCS, CCS-P, CDIP, CCDS, RHIA, RHIT, CPC, COC, RN, LVN and similar credentials
- Familiar with various EMR systems (Next Gen, Meditech, Cerner, Epic, etc.)
- Experience working at trauma level 1 and teaching facilities where complex and highly specialized cases are routine