Mergers & acquisitions are steadily on the rise in the healthcare industry. In any given year, hundreds of practices are successfully purchased—but often the buyer has limited insight into the compliance standards of these newly acquired practices. Revenue compliance and risk assessment are therefore pressing concerns for any buyer.
How Can CodingAID Help with Compliance?
CodingAID has a highly experienced team of coding compliance experts that can quickly and effectively evaluate coding quality and accuracy rates. Our staff conduct thorough audits based on the clinical documentation and an examination of the assigned codes for CPT, E/M, HCPCS, Modifiers and Diagnoses. At the end of our engagement, our in-depth reporting will help provide a clear picture of the revenue compliance of the practice in question, identify any red flags, and help ensure that the acquisition is a sound investment.
- Project Kickoff: Discuss with the client the project scope, introduce project management team, set communication protocols, clarify deliverables and set audit completion timeline.
- Data: Receive data from the client via a secure format. This data includes coded patient records, billing claims forms, and coding protocols.
- Audit: Audit commencement. Team leads will communicate with the client as needed to answer any questions that may impact the audit results.
- Reporting: Final reports are prepared and sent to the client for review.
- Audit Results Q&A: Our team is made available to answer any questions or provide clarification on any issues identified to ensure 100% satisfaction with the review.
- Executive Summary: Executive Summary is completed and delivered. Project is completed.